Date: 5 April 2022, 12:00-13:00 CET
In connection with Nor-Shipping 2022, NABA members are welcome to the African Shipping Outlook lunch conversation with Ms. Funmi Folorunso, Secretary General of the African Shipowners’ Association.
Ms Funmi Folorunso is a Legal Practitioner and maritime consultant. She is a first degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Shipping Law and Maritime Studies.
Her career started in 1983 as a Pupil Counsel at the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Justice. She was the second Nigerian Registrar of Ships, and an Assistant Legal Adviser of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Aviation. After her brief internship at the IMO in London, she resigned from the public sector and established a Law firm and a Consultancy firm.
Today she is the principal Partner of Excel Law Chambers and Nigeria’s AfCTA Co - Champion forTransportation Sector
She has been a woman of many firsts…..
- 1st Director General of the Indigenous Shipowners Association;
- 1st Executive Secretary of Nigerian Maritime Expo (NIMAREX),
- 1st President and member the Board of the International Association of Women in Shipping and Trade Association (WISTA) Nigeria Branch;
- 1st Secretary General of Association of African Shipowners
- A Trustee of the International Association of Women in Africa (WIMAfrica);
- The Chairman of the Publishing firm NMH Publications Ltd.
- A Member of the Nigerian Fleet Implementation Committee
- The Secretary of the International Mission to Seafarers (Lagos Branch)
Please register your interest here: