Date: 1-2 June 2022
"Turning Tables and Breaking Habits: Energy Transition through Africa’s lens"
This year's key topics:
- Renewable Energy (solar for industry, transition of hydro, financing RE)
- Hydrogen (cross-sector partnerships consortia, framework, implementation)
- Transition (gas-to-“value creation”, green(er) production, financing transition)
- Infrastructure (grid, regional integration, logistics, stable supply etc.)
- Innovation (green fuels, smart systems for transition etc.)
- Finance & Framework (access, PPPs, regulatory framework in RE & energy supply)
- Value addition (job creation, shift of supply and production, sustainability)
- Community (networks & lobby’s, establishing successful consortia)
The conference will be opened by State Secretary Dr Patrick Graichen from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Dr Peter Tschentscher, the First Mayor of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
H.E. Dr Amani Abou-Zeid, African Union Commissioner in charge of Infrastructure, Energy & ICT, confirmed as a keynote-speaker as well.
The following African ministers have confirmed their attendance and will be accompanied by delegations:
- Hon. Ibrahim Uwizeye, Minister of Hydropower, Energy and Mining of Burundi
- Hon. Dr Habtamu Itefa Geleta, Minister of Water and Energy of Ethiopia
- Hon. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, Minister of Energy of Ghana
- Hon. Muhammad Ahmad Aoun, Minister of Oil and Gas of Libya
- Hon. Ibrahim Matola, Minister of Energy of Malawi
- Hon. Aissatou Sophie Gladima, Minister of Petroleum and Energy of Senegal
- Hon. Mohamed Abdalla Mahmoud, Minister of Energy and Oil of Sudan
- Hon. Magna Mudyiwa, Deputy Minister of Energy and Power Development of Zimbabwe
Please register here.