As in 2022 and 2021, the French Council of Investors in Africa (CIAN) and L’Opinion jointly organized the Africa 2023 Forum. In line with the previous editions, the 2023 conference’s elected theme was Business avec l’Afrique: l’heure du New Deal (tr. Business with Africa: Time of the New Deal).
The symposium took place on April 18th and addressed a wide range of topics, from energy transition to the challenges of the supply chain in Africa.
In depth, after an introduction to the conference chaired by Nicolas BEYTOUT - President of L'OPINION - and Etienne GIROS - president of CIAN and EBCAM - the discussion panels focused on:
- Energy: "Access to electricity vs transition: what energy mix for Africa?"; Supply chain: “Issues and challenges of the supply chain in Africa”; Companies’ testimony;
- Industry: "How to improve competitiveness?" Infrastructures, special economic zones, Zlecaf, new towns, dry ports, etc. »;
- Agro-Industry: “Scaling up and value creation, keys to food sovereignty on the continent. »;
- Investments: “What development potential for French investment in Africa?;
- Talent Management: "How to manage the talent shortage and meet the new HR challenges?" Testimonials and examples of innovations on the African continent. »; and lastly,
- Finance: "Finance: Making the right choices to establish Africa's development"
The Forum gathered more than a thousand guests including investors, government officials, entrepreneurs and directors, in presence, and over five thousand online. Noteworthy speakers attended the panels. Among these the President of the Republic of Congo, H.E. Denis Sassou Nguesso, the Premier minister and Head of government of the republic of NIGER, S.E.M. Ouhoumoudou Mahamadou, Bpifrance’s director for international and European affairs Isabelle Bébéar, the Minister of Industry and Youth Entrepreneurship, Salmou Gourouza Magagi, the Director General of CIAN, Sandrine Sorieul, and many others.
More information about the Africa 2023 forum are available here