Date: 9-12 May 2022
Investing in African Mining indaba is solely dedicated to the successful capitalisation and development of mining interests in Africa. Succeeding for over 27 years, Mining Indaba has a unique and widening perspective of the African mining industry, bringing together visionaries and innovators from across the spectrum.
Attracting more junior, mid-tier and major mining companies, more investors and as always, the largest gathering of mining Ministers in Africa. As seen in previous years, we may even surprise you with a President or two!
Meet everybody who’s anybody, from the world’s biggest industry giants to tomorrow’s barrier-breaking disruptors – transforming the trajectory of your business.
A proven track record of attracting…
- 6500+ attendees
- 3 African Heads of State + 1 Prime Minister
- 39 Ministers
- 950+ Mining Executives
- 370+ Executives from Junior Mining Companies
- 830+ Investors & Dealmakers
- 92 Countries Represented
A glance at what you can expect in 2022
The May 2022 Mining Indaba promises to be the must-attend event for every executive in African mining. As well as gathering the largest number of investors, mining executives and Ministers for four days’ worth of investment discussions and deal-making, there are several new and enhanced initiatives planned too.
- The Battery Metals Day has been expanded to the Green Metals Day and will focus on optimising the opportunity to increase the supply of green metals for global energy demands.
- Procurement teams and service companies will be able to strategically connect in the new Hosted Buyer Programme and private networking function.
- Like the Junior Mining Companies pitching in the Investment Battlefield, which will be back again, 2022 will see the launch of the Innovation & Research Battlefield - a new platform for collaboration between the mining industry and academia.
- A new content stream, Infrastructure & Supply Chain will address the growing importance of the mine’s role in developing communities and local economies.
- A new Business Matchmaking technology supplier will raise the bar for pre-arranged investment meetings.
- Following a record 30% female speaker line-up in 2020, 1 in 3 speakers will be female in 2022. You can nominate a speaker by getting in touch.
Evolution of African mining
The content and discussions will run under the theme “Evolution of African Mining: Investing in the Energy Transition, ESG and Economies” where together the industry will explore how Africa, and more particularly mining, investors, and society – can thrive amid the decarbonisation, social technological, and economic (‘the sociotechnomic and decarbonisation dispensation’) that prevail across the continent.
Please register here.