29th March - 30th March
Geneva - Online
The theme for this year’s Forum is: "Ensuring the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in the ECE Region in times of multiple crises"
Focus will be on monitoring progress as well as identifying areas for transformative action in order to achieve the SDGs. Outcomes of the Forum will again contribute to the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development in July but, this year also the SDG Summit in September, which marks the mid-point of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
The 2023 Regional Forum consists of the following segments:
- Pre-Meetings: providing an early opportunity for various stakeholders from Youth and Civil Society to meet, share experiences as well as introduce and discuss issues on the agenda to identify priorities
- Opening and High-level Policy Segment evaluating SDG progress in the region. Member states will share policy actions and representatives from Civil Society and Youth will report back from their preparatory consultations
- Peer Learning Round Tables: facilitating practical exchange of experiences and best practices in SDG implementation between governments and various stakeholders. Five round tables will take place on the in-focus SDGs (SDG 6, 7, 9, 11, 17)
- Side Events: offering a variety of stakeholders the opportunity to discuss a specific aspect of SDG implementation in the region
- Plenary Session and Closing: Multi-Stakeholder panel to consider the topic ‘Halfway towards 2030’ accelerating transformations to achieving the SDGs in the ECE region with outcomes to form a contribution to the High-level Political Forum in July and SDG Summit in September
Live streaming via the UN Web TV will be provided.