Afrika Verein's Delegation Trip "Hydrogen" to Morocco, 26-30 September
Morocco is considered a pioneer of the green energy transition on the African continent. In 2020, the Moroccan Ministry of Energy presented a national hydrogen strategy that envisages the creation of an industrial value chain around the topic of hydrogen, ammonia and methanol by 2050. In the same year, Morocco and Germany signed a declaration of intent to build an alliance for the development of a power-to-X sector in Morocco. The Kingdom can play an essential role for European energy supply in the future.
The Afrika-Verein with AHK Morocco and L'Institut de Recherche en Énergie Solaire et Énergies Nouvelles (IRESEN) therefore invites you to the
The following highlights are planned on site, among others:
- Talk & tour de table with Dr. Laila Benali, Minister for Energy Transition & Sustainable Development (tbc)
- Talk & Tour de table with Ryad Mezzour, Minister of Industry & Trade (tbc)
- Business lunch with IRESEN, MASEN, ONEE, PAREMA, Green H2 Cluster
- Business Roundtable with FENELEC, AMEE, Fédération de l 'Energie, MANAGEM, OCP, Green H2 Cluster Morocco
- Visit to the IRESEN research institute (tbc)
- Overview of Morocco's energy sector with PAREMA / GIZ (tbc)
- Business Lunch with Nareva (alternatively OCP)
Please find the current programme for download here. Afrika-Verein will be happy to consider your individual wishes regarding the programme and to contact specific discussion partners for you.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Katarina Kunert (Email:
The participation fee is 1,250 EUR for members of the Africa Association and the AHK Morocco as well as local participants. For non-members, a participation fee of 1,750 EUR will be charged. Costs for flight and hotel will be borne individually.
Due to the volatile development of the global pandemic, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the trip at short notice due to changes in entry or other regulations.